Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Challenge of the Week: Using that pesky leftover white rice from chinese takeout

As I pondered what to make for lunch that would satisfy rumbly picky tummies two boxes of leftover plain white rice were staring me in the face, taunting me...lightbulb...what can I fix using this rice so I don't have to waste it?  After a little searching and some creative liberties I decided on fried rice.  YUMMO!!!  and easy, which is always an added bonus!  The kids loved it, I loved and the hubs loved it!  I didn't have to buy anything to make it and I used up some leftovers from my fridge.  Here's how I did it...



1/2 medium onion diced
1 large carrot shredded
1 c. frozen peas
1 T. minced garlic
1/2 c. diced ham (I used turkey/ham)
2 small boxes leftover white rice (from chinese take out)
soy sauce to your taste
enough oil to coat the bottom of your skillet

1. Coat your skillet with oil
2. Saute your veggies with the garlic.
3. Add the rice and ham and saute until cooked to your liking
4. Add soy sauce to coat and to your taste.

DELICIOUS!!!  So, the next time you have that pesky leftover white rice from chinese take out...don't throw it out...try this!  I'll post a pic once I get it uploaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment